Monday, July 27, 2009

Take Me To the River

I have a confession to make: in nearly five years of marriage to a Nevada City Boy, I've never been to the river. Well, maybe once, but it was spring time and much too cold to swim. So, technically I was a Yuba River virgin. Not anymore! On Tuesday, the 7th, we met up with some friends at Bridgeport. The weather was perfect and I was amazed at how wonderful and clear the water is. Owen fell asleep after a while and stayed asleep nearly the whole time, and with Grammy K there to watch the little ones, James and I had fun in the deeper water.

Before heading home, we checked out the covered bridge - for those of you who might not know, it's the longest single span wood arch bridge, and was built in 1862. Pretty neat.

Tuesday night we got together with the Greens, the Counihans, and the Biggs - the girls went out for dessert while the guys stayed home and watched the kids. You'd think since it had been over two years since we had seen some of these people someone would have thought to snap a picture. You would be wrong. Oh well, next time.

Wednesday night we met up with the Greens for an evening swim at the 49 Bridge. It was a bit cooler and the kids were getting tired, but it was nice to hang out in the water one more time (Plus we had Port Of Subs for dinner!). Of course, instead of taking pictures with old friends, the only picture we got was the old bridge.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love/hate it when I am having such a good time that I forget to take pictures.

It looks like you had a fabulous time!

kelly said...

now these pics bring back some great memories...
How could you NOT have a great time here? ahhhh, the river!

Romney Family said...

What beautiful water!! How fun to get to see all of your old friends!! Sounds like you had a great time!!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Mike and I just took Jay to that same spot. Isn't it beautiful? You can't beat Nevada City in the summer. Or anytime really.

Marie said...

I love that river. The funniest memory I have was when I was floating down the river with William and my two brother-in-laws and there was a naked guy standing, well practically posing on a rock that jutted out into the river. He started talking to us and I had to look away so I wouldn't barf, but one of my brother-in-laws actually had a conversation with him. It was hilarious and kind of disgusting too!